Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Put me in Coach

I'm not really a "name-brand" girl when it comes to fashion. I'm more likely to buy a MacBook or iPhone than a pair of Monolos. (Does this even need to be said?) My only name brand item that I have is my beautiful Tiffany e-ring.

I have a pretty laughable fashion sense. For instance, right now I'm wearing two socks that don't match, Red Sox pajama pants, an orange shirt, a green hoodie and a black fleece jacket. Or what I call my "work uniform." 

So when my best bud Meg called me last night and said "For your wedding shower gift I want to get you a Coach bag" you might have thought I wouldn't be interested. But I was. Stoked in fact.

(By the way, I did all the requisite "Are you sure?" "You really don't have to do that!" I promise!)

I have had the sorriest collection of purses my whole life. I don't think I've ever spent more than $20 on one. They're never in fashion, always too casual to bring somewhere nice, not functional, too big, too small. The one I've been using lately is a gray houndstooth-esque hand-me-down from Katie. I'm sure it was sharp at one point, but it's probably past it's expiration date as far as wear and tear. In fact, when the catering manager said to me the other day "I love your purse!" I wanted to say "You know you already got my money right?"

So of course the idea of a fancy purse excites me! But because of the aforementioned lack of fashion sense, I need some help choosing. I've picked out a few that fall under the $$ limit Meg gave me, but help me decide!





So I want something big enough for my stuff, but not so big I'm feeling weighed down. Also something fancy enough to bring when I'm dressed up, but not so fancy I can't wear it for a normal day. 

Help!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When did this blog get so girly?

jessica maria said...

that's so sweet of your friend! WOW! i, also, don't spend any money on purses. jesse bought me a LAMB bag last year and it sits in my closet most of the time bc i know how expensive it is and i only bring it out on special occassions. hahaha

also, lol @ jeff's comment.

personally, i like the last one looks big enough to carry everything and make it through a whole day without going home (i would have to consider this, in new york). BUT since it's you and you don't live in new york and travel from brooklyn (HAHA) - the third one down is also nice. i like that shape, and the color is very nice & natural. dig o dig! can't wait to see which you get!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

DEFINITELY the last one. it looks adorable yet functional, big but not too big!

and it has various ways of carrying it which means you can use it in various situations and change up the look of it too!!!!!

Steve said...

I second jeffrey.schaible. All this talk about weddings and purses. What about beer? Football? The Simpsons?

Mike said...

Could we hijack this post and perhaps talk about the epic upcoming graphic novel to film?

Watchmen I think has some real potential.