... except that I've turned 26 today! This is the first birthday I cringed at a little. 26? 25 sounds so much younger doesn't?
Of course I'm not old, but I'm married now which as someone pointed out on Facebook is like being in my 30s anyway ;)
I keep thinking of this lyric, "You're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore/Show a little faith there's magic in the night/You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright/That's alright with me."
Just the fact that I'm quoting Bruce Sprinsteen makes me a middle aged man, doesn't it?
Emily's rules to a good birthday
1. There are seven specific people I expect a phone call from on my birthday (not including Jeff): My mom, my dad, my brother, Katie, Meg, Justin and Andrew. 2:41 p.m. and we're batting .000. (Although Katie did hit me up on gchat.)
2. A good meal. Jeff is taking me to the Capital Grille. Need I say more? I looooove it there.
3. A nice card from the husband. Don't cards that start, "Happy Birthday to my wife" just feel so much better? Swoon.
4. A day off. Done.
5. Everything I want and no one gets to argue: Pending.
6. A really fabulous present! I already got a new jacket from my mom when she came to visit last week. I really love it and feel fab in it. Also...
DID I MENTION I GOT AN iPHONE YESTERDAY??
She's so beautiful. We haven't named her yet, but I didn't know true love until I pulled her out of Jeff's back pocket. I've wanted an iPhone since they came into existence, but we had to wait out our Verizon contract and now I have her! She's purple and pink, she's a 3G S, even though I told Jeff he didn't have to get the S.
Seriously, all my old phones pale in comparison. I'm not a materialistic person. I own very few things of real value. So this was very exciting for me!!
Here's our first iPhone pic. I think I've mastered this already!
What's the one thing YOU want for your next birthday?