Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
- Pats training camp: Went the day after we got back. Met up with AFCE blogger Tim for a chat.
- Concerts: First, Paul McCartney concert at Fenway: Awesome Awesome. He played for over two hours. He still has it.
Had this exchange though, with an elderly gentleman who sat next to me. (This was while Jeff went to go get me some water.)Him (with no sarcasm, or condescentment ? in his voice): "You know, Paul McCartney used to be in a band."Me (in disbelief): "Yeah, I know. I just got back from Liverpool." (Holds up my Liverpool sweatshirt).Him (again, no sarcasm): "Liverpool!? That's where the Beatles are from!"We continue this exchange of him throwing B-level Beatles trivia at me while I answer him right back. Yeah sir, Pete Best, Stuart Sutcliffe, Wings, Linda McCartney -- I KNOW!Finally...Him: "Wait a second..... Do you go to Berkley? I'm not talking the Beatles with a music major am I?!"Me: blank stare.--Fin--The Killers: Went last Friday, a wedding present from our friend Mike. I am such a fangirl for them. Definitely my favorite band... ever?
- Movies movies movies. One line reviews.
Away We Go: Saw this before the wedding and absolutely LOVED it. Three-and-a-half Werschaibles.District 9: Best movie of the year. Four Werschaibles.Inglorious Basterds: Might be my second favorite movie of the year. Four Werschaibles.Julie and Julia: Oops, sorry Jeff. Two Werschaibles (On a side note, I did start reading the chick's old blog and the movie does it no justice. Her blog is genuinely entertaining!)500 Days of Summer: Jeff and I both were disappointed. Two and a half Werschaibles.Did I miss any babe?
- TV: We are now all caught up on How I Met Your Mother (hooked) and we also breezed right through the first two seasons of True Blood (I have a weakness for non-Twilight related vampire schtick.) Working our way through the third season of Dexter.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
A few disclaimers...
1. No, I did not ask him to put that sesame street clip in (I've piqued your interest now) Yes, I think it's silly.
2. Jeff lost his voice so his voice is not normally so high. Yes, we both cringe when we hear our vows :)
3. I asked him to include a lot of the toasts because they were my favorite part!
4. No, there were no fireworks.
Friday, September 4, 2009
And honorary Scotsman.
And just... be careful ok?
After we left the castle we headed out to the street and over to the Camera Obscura, which is basically a museum of illusions, which was fun and a good way to kill time. At this point, I needed some rest so we headed off the Royal Mile to go relax in the B&B for a while before our last dinner.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
We said goodbye to the Cotswolds and made our way to Beatle-town on day 6 of the honeymoon. We got there by mid-day and headed over the "Beatles Experience" -- a museum dedicated to the Fab 4. I gotta say, I was disappointed. It was entirely an audio tour -- which I hate because it makes you rely on a tape, and you can't really talk to the one you're with. I felt like I was being shuffled through, and I didn't see much I didn't see/know before. It was cool to "be" there, where it all began, but replicas just don't do much for me. Of course, Jeff and I had fun anyway.
Another amazing aspect of Edinburgh is it's city on one side, mountains on another and sea on the third. Isn't that the best kind of city? We spent sundown just enjoying the view, it was so peaceful. For dinner, I had another steak and ale pie and for dessert we had sticky toffee pudding and some hard cider which is, oh, so, good.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
From the top.