Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
The families merging. Blurry (left to right): My brother, Jeff's dad, Jeff's mom, Jeff's mouth.
Me, for most of Dec. 24. Working. Blech.
In front of the tree, before church. Love.Merry Christmas!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
It's bout this [expletive] up situation and these [expletive] up police.
It's about coming up and staying on top
and screamin' 187 on a [expletive] cop.
It's not written on the paper it's on the wall.
Smoke from all around"
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can't really function you're so full of fear"
Sunday, November 30, 2008
How about stylish kimonos for your entire family? I laugh at this display every time I see it in the mall. And I'm not saying you have to be Asian to wear a kimono, but come on, you would laugh at these people in public for trying wayyyy to hard. Or maybe the Beckham's will rock this look in a few months and it will be all the rage. Here's your chance to be ahead of the curve.
What about a ceramic spikey tooth like thingy for your wall? Mantle? Hang off your rear view mirror? Carry in your purse to ward off attackers? Seriously, Pottery Barn, what is this thing?
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
- Work: For some reason, my work weeks seem to fly by, but at the same time, I feel like I don't get much time off. Is that weird? Maybe it's because, by traditional work week standards, I'm already at "Wednesday" by Monday. So today is already Thursday for me. The weekends don't really feel like weekends because ... well, they aren't. Fortunately, we're more than halfway through the college football and NFL seasons, so relief is on the horizon!
- Wedding: While last week was good because I booked the florist, videographer and super secret vendor, it took a step back when my bridesmaids got their dresses and they didn't fit! Two of them are busting (literally) out of the tops. This Thursday I am taking them to Sueno, a bridal shop in RI that's supposed to be the best at these things ... and also very pricey. I've offered to pay for the alterations, but I'm wondering how much I'm willing to pay -- where it's worth it over returning the dress and starting over. UGH!!!!
- Jeff: He's good. :)
- Sports: How bout them 6-3 Patriots?! This Sunday Jeff and I got a chance to go out to watch the game for a bit, which I usually can't do because I work. (I had the most OMG delish Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, that now I can't wait to have again. I'm so sad.) I'm optimistic about New England's chances to win the AFC East, but when did this become such a solid division? Jeff and I were seriously discussing the Dolphins chances of going 10-6. 10-6?!?! They won 1 game last year! A win over the Jets on Sunday should go far towards the push for the title, but losing Adalius Thomas didn't help. It feels like we are injury doomed this year. (Also: Whhyyyyyyy Ty Law on the Jets? Come on!)
- Weekend in Review: Friday night, Jeff and I went to the Celtics-Bucs game in Boston, using tickets Jeff's parents had gotten me for my birthday. It was dually entertaining because the Celts won, and these dudes in our row started a fight with each other. Entertaining stuff which led to the quote of the night: "I spent $175 on that jacket!!" Yeah, they were idiots. Saturday I covered a game for the Globe in the afternoon. I'll be covering a few things this month, as part of a series I'm calling 'Stories to Finance My Wedding.' It's high school playoff stuff, but I think it has broader appeal. As soon as my game was finished I had to drive to Bristol, getting lost finding my hotel, and ended up 10 minutes late for work. I got off around 2:45 a.m., decided I was awake enough to just drive back, checked out of my hotel and ended up home around 4:45 a.m. Sometimes, I just like being ... home.
- Weight loss: Well Lord knows I'm trying, but I Lord knows I could try harder. I can't seem to hit this one GOAL I've had for months now. There's been weight loss, but not as much as I've hoped. Now that we're coming up on the holidays, my best hope is to lose 1-2 more pounds or at least try and maintain, then hit it HARD after New Year's. I *think* my gym offers a few classes at 9 a.m. each day for free, which I hadn't realized before. Part of that will be trying to push myself to go to bed earlier so I will have enough energy to participate in the morning. I'll keep you updated.