Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Xmas eve rundown

I wanted to get something up here, as the last blog post isn't much into the Christmas spirit. 

Here's what you need to know since we last chatted:

* Drove a little over 800 miles in a little over 13 hours on Tuesday with Jeff and my brother. The destination? Summerville, South Carolina a.k.a. my mom's house.

* Jeff's parents come in, via train (yes from upstate New York) at 5 a.m. I'm up by 6:30 to greet them.

* Everyone goes out to Charleston for historic carriage ride. I stay home and work. Scowling ensues. 

* We head off to church. Jeff puts me in a good mood by joking with me in church. Of course in between serious Christian reflection, we also admire the various haircuts of the residents of Summerville. Also -- clothing choices. 

I watch the man in front of me pick his wedgie a different way each time he gets up. The one leg slider-outer, the leg wiggle, the grabbing the back pocket maneuver. You ain't foolin' me!

Re: Jeff singing in church. He was really utilizing the falsetto. For instance:

Jeff: "I got the Amens here."

Me: ::Rolls eyes::

A-men. A-men. A-men.

Jeff: "Nailed it."

* Home for ice cream ... and for me a few more minutes of work. Wrapped a last few presents, signed some cards, felt sleepiness set in. Tomorrow: Christmas morning. Expect a full report.

Some pics:

The families merging. Blurry (left to right): My brother, Jeff's dad, Jeff's mom, Jeff's mouth.


Me, for most of Dec. 24. Working. Blech.


In front of the tree, before church. Love.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: