Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's just what I've always wanted!

Jeff and I spent the long weekend at Jeff's parents' house in Albany>Schenectady>Rotterdam, New York. It basically went something like this from Thursday night on: eat, work, eat, mall, eat, mall, eat, mall, eat. Yeah, it was pretty pathetic. It was nice to see Jeff's parents, his sister and his niece though. They are always good for a good meal and a funny story or two. My favorites from this weekend.

1. Jeff, his 10-year old niece Angel, and I are all driving home from the mall. In my head I'm marveling on how great Jeff is with his niece, seeing hearts and day dreaming about what a great dad he'll be. Then this exchange occurred:

Jeff: "Are you nervous about starting middle school next year?"
Angel: "Yeah, a little."
Jeff: "Well, it won't be much different. You'll just have periods."
Me: shoots Jeff a wide-eyed 'what did you just say to your 10-year old niece?' look.
Jeff: "Class periods! I mean class periods!!!"

He'll be mad I shared that story but oh well.

2. Jeff's mom ordering a take out salad without the lettuce. 

As you can see, it was an entertaining weekend. Saturday afternoon, Jeff volunteered to take his niece to a movie and I took the time to do quite a bit of shopping. Along the way I snapped these photos for you still looking for ideas.

How about stylish kimonos for your entire family? I laugh at this display every time I see it in the mall. And I'm not saying you have to be Asian to wear a kimono, but come on, you would laugh at these people in public for trying wayyyy to hard. Or maybe the Beckham's will rock this look in a few months and it will be all the rage. Here's your chance to be ahead of the curve.

What about a ceramic spikey tooth like thingy for your wall? Mantle? Hang off your rear view mirror? Carry in your purse to ward off attackers? Seriously, Pottery Barn, what is this thing?


And of course, mermen village people. If this isn't a WTF Christmas present, I don't know what is. 

What's my all time WTF Christmas present you ask? Well, I say this with all the love in the world, but one X-mas morning I woke up and unwrapped a present from my brother: "Grumpier Old Men." That's right, the sequel. No, my brother and I didn't share any fond memories of the first or second GOM movie. His response: "It's funny!" Oh, Mike.

I was on my way to meet Jeff and Angel after the movie, Gingerbread latte (for Jeff) and snowman cookie (for Angel) in hand, when out of the corner of my eye.... a blue dress at the Limited! In the color I want for my bridesmaids! Well... it's no harm to try it on right?

Well, I did. And I bought it. It was $62 and I checked online and it's only $59 with free shipping. I'm going to meet up with the girls and have them try it on. Hopefully they like it! Here it is on the mannequin: 




Is it the world's most amazing dress? No. Do I like it as much as the one that didn't fit? No. But it's under $60 and it's the color I want, so.... yeah! Let's see how it looks.

Thoughts? Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

jessica maria said...

ahahahahaha @ class periods. hilarious. your guy sounds great, btw - if i've never told you that. he sounds like a keeper (OBVIOUSLY) and hopefully i'll get to meet him one day! :)

love the dress, too. like i said!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

LOVE the dress!