Friday, November 21, 2008

Let's not talk

There will be a hiatus on this blog for an undetermined length time when it comes to wedding talk. It's gotten to the point where the conversations have bordered on sour, sad and hurtful and those are three words I don't want to associate with what I want to be the happiest day of my life.

At the end of the day, as selfish as it sounds, this wedding is about me. Well, it's me and the man I will stand on the edge of a beach on a mid-summer evening vowing to spend the rest of my life with. The man who covers me in his arms and blankets when I'm sad, saying and doing everything he can to make the sadness go away. The man, who says he'd be more than happy to spend the rest of his days just with me. The man who will be my husband.

Believe it or not, that day is important to me. It's important to me that I'm surrounded by the people who care about us most, by family and friends. Friends who drop what they're doing to comfort me on the phone (thanks JA) and help me put it in perspective. 

It's all about perspective. I'm so lucky to have what I have, to have the people I do in my life. Hopefully the sour, sad and hurtful will sort itself out. I'm hopeful about it. 

Until then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one. You have something to say to me, you have the number.

Emily said...

Why is it that people in my life think the phone only works one way?

Allison said...

I really hope everything sorts its self out.Your wedding(from what I've read) sounds like its going to be amazing!!! I hope one day I can read more! Good Luck Emily!