Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just dance

(Outside our venue)

The truth is, if I didn't have so many fabulous pictures to tell this story, I would have probably said less. 

So I'll let the pictures tell the story about my reception, and I'll pop in to tell you my memories. The fact is my reception was like most, I'm sure. Dinner, dancing, etc. etc. Some things went wrong (my entire reception rushed the ice cream bar, thusly not dancing for over an hour), but these pictures don't tell that story. In fact, these pictures show me that people WERE having fun -- something I needed to be convinced of after the fact.

Without further ado...

I love this candid shot of Jeff. His redness exacerbated by the pink walls, he just looks so happy no?

These seven friends, and one husband, are the non-family people who know me better than anyone in the world. Everything you need to know about me, you could learn from one of these people. Three of them I've known since elementary school, one from middle, two from high school and my college roommate. I'm beyond lucky.

I'm not sure if this shot was candid, or staged, but I like to think it was spontaneous. These are Jeff's parents, married for 37 years. They are truly a perfect pair, one of those "I know what you're thinking without you having to say a word" couples who work in such harmony with each other it's so comforting to watch. They're like peanut butter and jelly. :)

My cousins Sarah and Katie, with their dad. These three really got the party started!


This is my cousin Tracie and her husband Kevin, who flew all the way from Hawaii to be with us on our wedding day. Obviously, that meant a tremendous amount to me. I remember when these two got married -- in fact, I was their flower girl. They are also a huge inspiration to me -- married for 16 or 17 years they still have the same dynamic with each other that they did when I was hiding under a picnic table watching them canoodle when I was nine. They have such a great sense of humor and while in many ways I'd consider them opposites -- she was a little bit of a wild child (it's true!) and he's in the Navy -- they work perfect together. And I love this picture.
I don't think I need to tell you why I love this pic :)


Jeff and I have no recollection of what song was playing during this pic. But this is one of Jeff's classic dance faces, and I luvs.


And, to be fair, here's one of mine.


My friend Grimey said he'd never seen a dance circle in real life before our wedding, he thought they were for "Britney Spears videos and dance movies." Oh no, my friends and I have a long-standing relationship with the dance circle. Exhibit A (above): Andrew.



Exhibit B: Pat. 


Ohmygosh, how I wish you could see this picture bigger. This is probably my favorite picture in the whole bunch. This is such a classic. Ryan and Sarah. You guys are awesome.


At the end of the night, my best guy friends gathered up all the rose petals off the tables and threw them over me. Apparently they looped the photog in so she could get this picture.

We don't stop at dance circles. We also conga.


And then it was the last song and last kiss of the night. We said our goodbyes and everyone went home. 

And it was over. And it was just beginning.

No comments: