Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blogging my birthday

Not too much to report around these parts...

... except that I've turned 26 today! This is the first birthday I cringed at a little. 26? 25 sounds so much younger doesn't?

Of course I'm not old, but I'm married now which as someone pointed out on Facebook is like being in my 30s anyway ;)

I keep thinking of this lyric, "You're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore/Show a little faith there's magic in the night/You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright/That's alright with me."

Just the fact that I'm quoting Bruce Sprinsteen makes me a middle aged man, doesn't it?

Emily's rules to a good birthday

1. There are seven specific people I expect a phone call from on my birthday (not including Jeff): My mom, my dad, my brother, Katie, Meg, Justin and Andrew. 2:41 p.m. and we're batting .000. (Although Katie did hit me up on gchat.)

2. A good meal. Jeff is taking me to the Capital Grille. Need I say more? I looooove it there.

3. A nice card from the husband. Don't cards that start, "Happy Birthday to my wife" just feel so much better? Swoon.

4. A day off. Done.

5. Everything I want and no one gets to argue: Pending.

6. A really fabulous present! I already got a new jacket from my mom when she came to visit last week. I really love it and feel fab in it. Also...

DID I MENTION I GOT AN iPHONE YESTERDAY??

She's so beautiful. We haven't named her yet, but I didn't know true love until I pulled her out of Jeff's back pocket. I've wanted an iPhone since they came into existence, but we had to wait out our Verizon contract and now I have her! She's purple and pink, she's a 3G S, even though I told Jeff he didn't have to get the S.

Seriously, all my old phones pale in comparison. I'm not a materialistic person. I own very few things of real value. So this was very exciting for me!!

Here's our first iPhone pic. I think I've mastered this already!


What's the one thing YOU want for your next birthday?

3 comments:

RhodeyGirl said...

happy birthday emily!!!

And ummmm the iPhone can make like REAL pictures! with practice of course. i LOVE my iphone even though i hated it at first and i am sure u wiull love urs too!

happy bday!

and i realllly want a REAL camera like a DLSR and I might just buy myself one for my 26.25 birthday haha

jessica maria said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! :D

iPhone for life :)

Have a great day! Sounds like you have a husband all ready to give you it!!

Jeff S said...

You left out a key element to your perfect birthday...

Tonight the Yankees wrap up the ALCS. World Series! Perfect birthday.