Friday, July 10, 2009

Gave ya 20

Well, here we are, faithful blog readers, 15 days away from... you know.

And I know I've left you on the edge of your seat in regards to my battle with the bulge. Last time we spoke, I was at a post-holiday weight of 154. I had started at 162, so down eight pounds, my goal was 137 -- aka 25 pounds total.

Well, I'm happy to say that I've progressed, and while I'm disappointed I'll fall short of that goal... 20 pounds lost is nothing to sneeze at!

I went to my first of five personal training sessions exactly five months ago -- in February. She took some stats at the first appointment, and we did an update today. Some changes after five months...

Weight (2/09/09): 152
Weight -- Today: 142
Difference: Ten pounds lost! It's tough, because I think when you have your heart set on a number (in my case -- 137) it's easy to feel disappointed in yourself. But every once in a while I have to say to myself, "Self, you've lost 20 pounds. That is NOT easy. Going to the gym 5-6 times a week is NOT easy." I'm also down from a tight size 10 to a super tight size six (haha) or a comfortable eight. Not too shabby.

Body Mass Index (2/09): 26.9. This was in the "overweight" zone of 25-29.9.
BMI today: 25.1. So close to "normal"!

Body Composition -- aka percentage of my body which is fat (2/09): 25.4 (this was in the moderate zone of 23.1-29.0)
Body Composition today: 22.8. This is under the header of "Optimal". 2.6% of my body fat is gone!

I tried to cobble together the best "Before and After" shots I could find.


The left is from May 25, 2008 -- the night we got engaged. The right is from June 27, 2009. I think you can tell the difference right?

This isn't going to end for me after the wedding. I really want my goal -- and beyond. 130 sounds really, really nice. And after you've lost 20 pounds, 10 or so more doesn't seem so bad, right?

4 comments:

Jeff S said...

proud of you.

jessica maria said...

That's amazing! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

lookin hot girl! way to go

mom said...

I'm always proud of you but it looks like you won the bet. DD on me when I come up.