Friday, April 24, 2009

I can't stand the rain.

Lots of stuff going on in the World of Werchadlo and I take this 45-minute work break to share these things with you, my loving audience.

Before I get into all things wedding related and SPONTANEOUS CAPITALIZATION I thought I'd share with you a little photo diary of my trip to Fenway Park the other night.

I haven't been to Fenway since Opening Day 2006, which is longer than it feels. But I was in San Diego for two seasons and then last year didn't have the dough to go, but this year I managed to score some $12 seats in the upper bleachers and gave them to my dad as a Christmas present.

Normally, a night at Fenway can not be beat, but in the cold rain, with everyone complaining because NO ONE thought to dress warmly, it could have been better. But there were a few bright spots.

1. My father returning three hot chocolates because they weren't hot enough. (Guess what? They were the same temperature when he got them back.)

2. Jeff telling a random person he liked "The cut of their jib" which I'm 99% sure he said because he had heard it on King of Queens the night before.

3. Me taking this ridiculous picture.


Don't I look like I was having fun?

I also took some more pics.... 






Hey, at least Jeff didn't almost get in a fight with two drunk guys, have his GPS stolen from his car and me have a cracked windshield! Oh wait, all those things happened. Better times at Fenway have been had.

Backtracking a bit into the wedding world, Katie and I spent most of Wednesday finishing the invites! Finally! They are now sitting on my dining room table waiting to be sent out. And the good news is they weighed in at exactly one ounce, which will save us a good amount of money on postage.

On Thursday, Katie and I headed down to RI so I could spend some more money! First it was proper undergarments -- if you've never been to Ruth's on Rolfe Street in Cranston, you really should go. But um, not if you're shy. 

Then we scoured the entire Providence Place Mall for acceptable footwear and came up empty.... so we went to Crystal Shoes instead. Now, I'm not really a fan of the dyeable shoes, but when you've searched all day for a particular style in a particular color and you're coming up empty, it's probably the way to go.

So here are my shoes, which will be dyed FUSCHIA. Damn skippy.

I went wedge (mine don't have that diamond thing in the middle). A girl like me needs to the wedge to survive. 

So off we went to our last appointment -- my first dress fitting. When I first bought my dress... well, let's put it this way, it took all of Katie's strength to zip. So imagine my happy surprise when the seamstress told me the dress had to be taken in! Yippeeeeee! I have some pictures (before and after if that's your thing) that I obviously can't post here, but would happily send along to those who might be interested.

Tomorrow marks THREE MONTHS exactly! I am so ready! (But not really, I still have a lot of crap to do.)

1 comment:

Jeff S said...

I wouldn't say that I "almost got in a fight." But I agree... better times have been had.

Your shoes are so FABULOUS.