Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On the job

This weekend was the annual blog summit at WWL headquarters. Last year it was a sort of awkward learning experience as none of us really knew each other or what we were doing. This year, after a year of joking around over e-mails, it was really like we finally all got to meet each other in person, even though we already have. I was a little nervous because I'm at least 60% more awkward in person than I am over the internet, where I can hide behind an avatar and interact with people while sitting in my pajamas.

But it was fun.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I seriously feel so blessed that I not only have a job I love but I genuinely like the people I work with. 

We all got in on Sunday night and headed out to dinner, both the college and NFL folk, and I found myself the only chicka at a table of 15 or so -- story of my life. (I'm not saying it's a big triumph or problem, but it's always sort of in the back of my head. I think I've learned to hold my own though.)

It was good QT to chat with people, a little about work and a little about ... whatever. Couldn't keep all my attention on the table as the Celtics were getting it handed to them in the background. 

Monday was the conference and it was all positive stuff. Page views are awesome and everyone seems really pleased. We got a chance to go over some of the issues we've had over the year and sort of talk them out and I pitched something that we may or may not be seeing on this blogs this year. Stay tuned :)

Monday night was the highlight as everyone got together at my boss' Matt's house for a BBQ. Matt and his wife Sarah were gracious hosts who went above and beyond on the food and everything else. I had intended to snap a lot of photos but it didn't really happen. Here are a few.


AFC N blogger James and our gracious host Matt in the middle.

AFC S blogger Paul, class clown.

Brett (blog editor) and AFC E blogger Tim.

This doesn't really convey all the fun everyone was having, but it was seriously enjoyable. Makes you sort of sad it happens only once a year, like a high school reunion or something. I think we'll all of benefited from the in-person interaction. 

Until next year...

No comments: