Thursday, May 29, 2008

From the outside looking in...






Oh, to be a man.

:::Pause for groans and alienation of 75% of my readership. No, Jeff, you can't leave:::

Even though I am a fairly sensible person, I did think that wedding planning would be a little easier than it has proven to be so far. After all, I did a lot of secret, and not so secret, pre-planning so as to put me in a better position when the time arrived. I looked at venues, photographers, caterers... even got some pricing.

But ever since my boss confirmed that a late August and on date would not be preferable considering it will be football season and thus very busy, I feel a lot of pressure to move NOW.

So the first step is picking a venue. I had a few narrowed down but I asked Jeff to do his own search, so if there was something I glazed by and he was interested, we could go look.

Five minutes pass... "I'm frustrated." "I don't know what I'm looking for." "I don't know what I'm looking at." "I don't know what's included." "Where are the pictures?" "What are the prices."

"Can't you just pick some places and I'll go look?"

Then he let out a loud grunt and went back to watching the Celtics game. My mom blamed the game, and chided me for trying to talk to him about something important while it was on.

Well, f-ck that. I am not going to be one of "those" kind of wives, who's submissive during sporting events, because you know what? I LIKE SPORTING EVENTS TOO! Christ, I've dedicated the past 5+ years of my professional life to watching, reporting, and editing sports. So, no, that's not gonna work for me.

So I moved him onto photographers, figuring there wasn't as much "thinking" involved.

Oy.

"You want me to look at galleries?" "Here's one of a lady's butt." "Is this the wedding party? The females?"

He's expressed interest in dealing with the DJ, but I wonder if he realizes he can't actually BE the DJ at our wedding. And he's also expressed interest in planning the honeymoon -- but I hope he knows I don't want to go to Cooperstown, Canton or Springfield. 

He's lucky I love him so much.






1 comment: