Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mission Statement

So I'm starting this blog in an effort to remember as many details as I can about what is no doubt, the most exciting period of my life. That excitement doesn't just include my wedding, but my new JOB and a general feeling of contentment and accomplishment that's been lacking for a while. And, you know, if I started this blog a few months ago and kept it every day would have read something like this: "Got up. Saw it was before 10:30. Went back to bed. Got up. And by up, I mean awake, not actually vertical. Turned on the TV. Watched 'Whose Wedding is It Anyway' followed by 'Maury'. Lunch. Back to TV. Cursed the 1 p.m. hour as nothing is ever on. Two o'clock: 'Law and Order'. Blinding headache begins. Trip to Dunkin Donuts for Toasted Almond Ice, Cream only. Blinding headache subsides. TV order resumes: Scrubs, King of Queens, Seinfeld. Jeff returns home. I change out of pajamas into workout clothes. Workout. Home, dinner, back in pajamas. Celtics, Red Sox. Sleep."

Wash and repeat for almost six months. 

But not anymore! Now I realize that most of my friends are men, and that a blog about wedding planning hurts their head like mine does without coffee, but they'll have to bear with me. A lot of stuff is happening now. Picking a date, a reception and ceremony venue, and some other major vendors should have happened a few months ago (Thanks Jeff!), and I want to remember the whole process here. But I am a sports writer/reporter/editor (not necessarily in that order) and a TV Junkie, so there will be a post here and there for you. 

Please stay and read. Add another friend's blog to your roll call. 

No comments: