Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I pack my case, I check my face

Well, what's been going on?

I had this exchange with Jeff earlier today.

Me: "I'm at stress level nine."

(5 minutes go by)

Me: "I'm at stress level six."

Jeff: "That's good, before you were at stress level nine."

Me: "I don't remember saying that."

I think I'm having a little bit of a mental meltdown. Four hours of seating charts and crunching budgets on top of, you know, MY JOB and I'm starting to do that whole thing where you start sentences and you don't finish them. Then you forget you started them. Wedding dementia anyone?

No one wants to hear me stress about wedding planning, although I know my bride buddies can totally relate. It's really something you have to experience to "get it." I'm 32 days away and I can't believe it. 

That being said, I'm trying to fill my weekends with as much de-stress activity as possible, so I planned a surprise for Jeff last Saturday where I took him up to Manchester, New Hampshire for a New Hampshire Fisher Cats game. The cool thing about the Fisher Cat stadium is the Hilton has a patio restaurant that backs right back on to center field. So Jeff and I were able to eat a really relaxed dinner (I even treated myself to a glass of wine) and watch baseball without buying a ticket. I knew it was Jeff's ideal Saturday and I think I was right!


The obligatory Emily and Jeff shot.


Our view.


This last picture is two people who sauntered out onto the RESTAURANT PATIO in their bathrobes. I'm assuming they had come from the pool and not, you know, the shower, but we'll never know.

Sunday we went down to what I deemed 'Rhode Island's Most Overrated Restaurant" (Twin Oaks) for Father's Day lunch. Well, I ate my words because I ordered the biggest lobster roll I've ever seen (seriously, twice as big as I've ever gotten anywhere else) and it was only $13. Best. Deal. Ever.

Coming this weekend: My bachelorette. I got an invite in the mail where Katie said there would be "south of the border vertical fun." I can only imagine what that means. 

I'll try to keep it together until...

4 comments:

Jeff S said...

Last picture... a look into our future?

jessica maria said...

I totally know what you're talking about - the dementia. CRAZYTOWN OVER HERE TOO. We must hang out after our weddings and you know...breathe.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

oh i know what you're talking about too! i FEEL like i am not that stressed out and whatnot but obviously i am if i am having nightmares about wedding etc and also doing the starting the sentence thing. i even just spelled sentence "sentince". SO not like me! ew!

and i am getting annoyed with EVERYONE for making me responsible for their sh!t when i am so overwhelmed right now and need to worry about myself! it doesn't help that i work for my family and they all call here and then ask for me so i can't even avoid the calls! eek!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

OH!

AND!

we have 3 more random people coming. have to redo like 5 tables of the seating chart in order to accommodate said extras. annoyedville here i come