Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend in Review: Trail of tears

It seems like I'm running out of weekends. I have seven left before the wedding, and it's starting to feel like they're all spoken for. This weekend was pretty lazy, but soon enough the wedding will be over and I'll sort of get my life back!

Friday night Jeff and I went to see UP.

***At the movies with Emily and Jeff: UP***

I'm not really into seeing these cartoon Pixar movies. Jeff did a little survey of the best Pixar movies, and I haven't seen most of them. I liked Wall-E last year though, so I was ready to give this one a try, based on the cute commercials. I didn't read a lot of reviews because it seemed pretty straightforward from the previews.

Before the movie started, Jeff turned to me and said. "This is a Disney movie. It's made for kids. If you cry, you're walking home." What did he know that I didn't?

Well, I cried. I cried within the first five minutes, for most of the movie and the car ride home. There's not much I can say about it where I'm not ruining it for people, and I know that it doesn't seem sad from the commercials. 

Don't get me wrong, it's really funny and cute. It's a buddy movie with ups and downs and is sweet and heartwarming. And sad.

It doesn't have the political message Wall-E has, it's more the regular social messages Disney movies have had for years. Appreciate the things you have and the people around you, always make time for your dreams and it's never too late to achieve them, don't be a deadbeat dad...

It was great.

Final Ranking: Four Werschaibles.

Saturday I bought my shower dress (see below post) and Jeff and I rented Taken. I've never seen such a B-plus action movie devolved into an F-minus ending so quickly. Boooo.

On Sunday, Jeff and I went down to Rhode Island to have belated birthday hangs with my BFF Justin. We don't really need to have a plan to laugh, so I always feel relaxed when I'm with them. Some pics for pics sake (you think differently about taking pictures in relatively mundane situations when you blog.)

Pat and Andrew.
Justin and Jeff.

OH, and guess who I saw in Rhode Island at Whole Foods... Sabrina (yee of Rhodey Girl). Haven't seen this girl in forever. She looks great! We're getting married on the same day, in quite a coincidence, so we've been keeping touch (I know her since she dated BFF Andrew in HS). Nice seeing you Sabrina!

Next weekend will be busy busy: Dress fitting, hanging with Jeff's parents and possibly meeting up with the other three in my high school girl foursome (two of whom I haven't seen in YEARS). Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jeff S said...

I should have made you walk home... it was an embarassing display Werchadlo.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

so fun to see you!!!! thanks for the shoutout!!!

i can't believe we only have 7 weekends left. woah!

mom said...

Jeff, she's going to do that again when you go to see Les Mis in London. Bring the tissues.