Thursday, June 25, 2009

Somewhere out there.

So I have 14 people who subscribe to this blog through google reader. I have an idea of who some of you are, but I really want to know who all of you are! Anyone who writes a blog knows that comments are what keeps you going, it's nice to know that people are reading. I don't care if we don't know each other, or knew each other a million years ago and you think I might think it's weird you're reading my blog, it's not, I swear!

According to my google analytics I have about 30 visits per day. I'd like to up that number! I know right now I'm not doing a great job building interest right now with the lack of posting, but after the wedding I'm committed to making this blog more interesting. Or at least interesting. 

Looking at my map overlay, I see I am very popular in Rhode Island, South Carolina and New York, but who's my reader in Ithica? Come out with it! I also have a fairly loyal readers in Attleboro, MA, Northridge, CA, Cambridge, MA, Woburn, MA. Who's my Scranton, PA fan? Jim Halpert

It's also fun to look at your traffic sources and well as the google words that bring people to your blog.

The following phrases have brought people to my blog in the previous month:

Ridiculous comparisons
Strangest Facebook
"Emily and Jeff" "Engagement pictures" "July"
Dodgers thong
Foreman grill "frozen beef patties"
I gained four pounds this weekend
Movies with Emily
I can't believe he's getting married

I've had some funnier phrases in the past, but these are pretty good. Anywhoo, I demand all loyal readers respond to this post, let me know who you are!

(This is not going to work, is it?)

8 comments:

mom said...

Three guesses who the SC reader is.

jessica maria said...

Hahahaha it's the best thing ever...

Allison said...

I read! I like your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Google is ruining my anonymous blog-stalking. Anyway, Hi! Abi from High School up in Ithaca. I stop by because while I'm not engaged, I'm possibly someday on the cusp to being so, so I'm "researching" the whole wedding planning process. Congratulations on your wedding and you have a lovely blog!

Emily said...

@ Mom, Jess and Allison -- I knew you guys :)

@ Abi -- Hey there! The "cusp" eh? I was on the cusp for about a year, boooo Jeff. :) I hope I've been helpful, somewhat. Thanks for revealing yourself!

Anonymous said...

"Anyone who writes a blog knows that comments are what keeps you going, it's nice to know that people are reading." E-hem! I have a blog. Let's see how many times Emily has commented...(crickets)

On second thought, maybe that's a sign I need to up my blogging game.

Thanks for the b-day FB comment though. Are you in total freak-out mode yet?

Emily said...

Kristina -- Touche, touche. I am in freak out mode, only 28 days!!!

Mrs. P said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that I'm a fellow RI Knottie and use analytics for my design website and in the workplace for Brown University! Analytics is an amazingly powerful tool. Very cool!

www.k5becomesabride.blogspot.com
(dankris.wedding)