Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's my bachelorette and I can drink Mountain Dew at 9 a.m. if I want to

Bachelorette party! Woooooo!

Well, I'm not really a 'woo!' girl, as the folks on 'How I met Your Mother' might say. So if you're expecting tales of drunken debauchary here, you'd probably be best served somewhere else.

I arrived in Boston around 1:30 after a haircut appointment and my first blow-dry-out in about 5 years (I really, really liked it. I miss my straight hair somedays). Before we headed out, I was made to put on the bride to be uniform.



My girl Katie sure loves her rosettes.

Meg also surprised me with my shower gift early: my Coach bag! Love it, love it, love it.



The invitation promised some "south of the border vertical fun" which was of course, confusing, and they weren't really giving me much in the way of hints. We left Meg's around 2 and headed to one of my favorite Boston restaurants: Cactus Club! I had a feeling south of the border was related to Mexican and it was.

We shared a quesidilla and all got margaritas. We chatted and the girls INSISTED we get another drink before we moved to phase II of the bachelorette. Actually the conversation went something like this.

Katie: We should DEFINITELY get another round.

(Katie, Meg, Sarah giggles).

Me: What are we doing?

(Katie, Meg, Sarah giggles).

Alrighty.

So we start the walk down Boylston street and the whole time Katie is giving me clues. (Hint: There won't be any guys there, Hint: There will only be five people in the room, Hint: I had to sign a waiver for us to do this.)

Helpful right? I went from thinking dance classes, to skydiving to who the heck knows what.

Well. I found out soon enough.

Now the pictures taken from phase II will never see the light of day. Let me just say I learned some moves that will surely have Jeff laughing at me for years to come. Also, my arms hurt. Also, I may have been wearing something that was red, white, and blue. Also, I may have gotten this certificate.


I think this is up there with a key to the city, but I'm not sure.

Suffice to say this was all a lot tamer than you're thinking it might be/could have been. And I can totally see how they make this into a workout. Basically we laughed the ENTIRE TIME, at each other, at our instructor, at the nine inch heels some of us were wearing and that even at my best attempt, I basically just looked like I was sliding down a fireman's pole. It was a blast!

After phase II, Katie said the rest of the night was basically up to me on what we wanted to do. None of us were really hungry yet (it was about 6:30 p.m.) at this point, and everyone seemed pretty wiped already! (I told you I can't hang). So I suggested we go see the 'Hangover' even though I had already seen it, two of the girls hadn't and it just seemed so appropos.

The girls loved it, and we then went to Fajitas and Ritas for more Mexican! The fajitas at that place are soooo good. We chatted til last call and headed back to Meg for more girl chat, which I can't get enough of sometimes. I'm definitely a guy's gal, but some of the things you talk about with your girlfriends will never translate to your guy friends.


We woke up this morning and headed over to Panera for some breakfast before bidding adieu. I'm so thankful and appreciative that I have such faboosh friends/bridesmaids. I really appreciate the thought and expense that went to my 'day'.

Thanks so much ladies!!!

1 comment:

jessica maria said...

Awwww! Looks like so much fun!

Also, I laughed out loud @ the certificate! Amazing!