Thursday, February 19, 2009

Name game

Everyone one in a very rare blue moon, one of my friends decides to make the trek out to our humble little home in C-Mass. Last night, I was lucky enough to have two!

Justin and Andrew drove up from RI to come eat burgers and watch Lost last night, then stay the night to ward off the snowy conditions. These two hang out so much I think I need a nickname for them. Jandrew? Drustin? Arostein? I'll work on it.

I told them I would serve burgers, as I served them last summer (the last time they made the trek) and they seemed to get good reviews. But, they got here before I finished my shift of work, impatient, OF COURSE, and I told Jeff to help them get started in the kitchen.

What was I thinking? After about 30 seconds I said to myself, "There's far too many knuckleheads in that kitchen right now." I wander in to find Andrew putting two frozen beef patties in the microwave, with no plate, no paper towel, just flat on the bottom of the microwave.  Sigh.

I steer him towards the George Forman as he insists "Frozen burgers burn faster" (!?!?) and commence cooking whilst putting together an HTML chart, which is always a good combination. Anyways, I do my best and Andrew seems pleased, but then again, I've seen him eat food off the ground. I cook for Justin, who takes one bite, determines it's "too pink" and won't even accept a re-grill. What a juxtaposition. The world's most picky and least picky eaters.

I digress.

Then it was LOST time. Thoroughly enjoying this season. Loved the opener, though felt cheated that they basically replayed it at the end! Thoughts:

-- If you knew your plane was going to crash again, would you not bring some essential items? Wear appropriate clothing? Or as I pointed out "A jacket of pillows?" 
-- The other people on the plane. Sure, the line of the night was "Who cares?" from Ben, but seriously, I do. What happens to them?
-- I didn't even CONSIDER this when I first saw it, but saw on a blog somewhere that Ben could have been killing Penny during his "errand." Woa.
-- Of course now we have a whole episode of Locke's backstory, which I'd usually dread, but am semi-interested in. I figure they're going to be at least another 2-3 episodes before we get back to the real-time plot. 
-- The Christ-figure crap continues though. Flight was 316. Come on.

After LOST was over, we watched the British version of the Office, which I thought Justin might like, but clearly bored him to tears. Then Daily Show, Colbert and bed. In the morning I was promptly made fun of for my lax job requirements, which require no shower, real clothes and for me to wake up at 10. Jealous?

I hope it is not six months before they visit me again. :P

1 comment:

jessica maria said...

a of all, yes, jealous.

b of all, HAHAHA @ andrew's microwave skills. HAHAHA

c of all, LOST yesssssssss.