Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh, by the way, I'm getting married

Who doesn't want to read about my wedding, huh!?! Hands, show of hands?! Fine then.

But seriously, it's been a while since we discussed my upcoming nuptials. That's not for lack of happenings. Let's do a run-down.

  • I had a mini-freakout two week ago when I realized that Andrew and I had not talked at all about what he was going to play during the ceremony. I guess it's because he's been so busy with the band, and I just sort of put it in the back of my mind -- it wasn't one of my big wedding "concerns." I know he'll do a good job. But considering I'm asking him to learn at least five songs, it would be kind of me to get on that, right? So we talked for a bit, I sent him some samples, he sent me some back. Like everything else I'm doing for the wedding that involves my friends, I don't want to take advantage of him. I'd rather he present me some songs he thinks he can learn, and won't be stressful on him. But, again, like everything else with the wedding, everyone looks to me with big eyes and says "Emily just choose!" So we'll do The Wedding Song (standard -- for the Bridal Party walk-in), Pachebel in D for me walking in -- and we'll mix in some popular music. Maybe some Elvis, Beatles -- Two of Us and yes, the theme from Forrest Gump. Look it up, it's pretty! Suggestions welcome...
  • I've also been looking at potential readings for the ceremony. I found two possible candidates "Union" by Robert Fulghum and  "Blessing of the Hands" by Rev. Daniel L. Harris. Both beautiful, though the few I've polled like the second one better. Thoughts?
  • We have our wedding tasting this weekend! It's one of the many things I'm looking forward to this weekend, including the Monty Are I show on Friday and meeting fellow sassy  blogger Jessica. We've met before (our connection is Monty Are I) but not for the express purpose of hanging out with each other. Excited!
  • Semi-related to our tasting is the progress of the wedding diet. After our Valentine's Day gorge-fest, Jeff and I decided to get serious. And while I want to dedicate a whole post to this topic, I will say we lost six pounds between us last week! Woot woot!
  • And finally... you've been waiting for a long time for this moment.... it's ... Bridesmaid's dresses!! JCrew -- $128 -- they all love it -- done deal!


Aren't my bridesmaids gorgeous?

I remember once upon a time, as a college newspaper editor, that I hated columns that consisted entirely of bullets... something to keep in mind for next time...

{Edit: I already ran these pics didn't I? Getting old...}

2 comments:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

thank you for (finally) a wedding update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. i definitely like the second reading more, after reading both
2. have fun at the MAI show! I'll be skiing and therefore missing it (very sad)
3. lovvvveee the dress!

GOOD LUCK AT THE TASTING! HAVE SO MUCH FUN AND TAKE TONS OF PICS! I AM SO JEALZ OF YOUR AWESOME CATERER!

jessica maria said...

I have to pick readings?? Srsly, I've been so busy with other shite. I gotta lock wedding crap down in March, ha.

ALSO SO STOKED FOR SATURDAY! YEAH!

I did get a Honeymoon item - a bathingsuit!! It's a totally adorable red, retro (40s/50s) one-piece and I love it so much I may or may not post a pic of me in it on the wedding blog.

Love the J.Crew dresses!!

STILL STOKED FOR SATURDAY!!

Also, regarding the bullets - it makes things easier to read, but I know how you feel. I just banged out that entire Oscar post and I'm like, "This sucks. This is horribly written." But it's my blogs, and I'm talking Oscars, I don't care! :)