Saturday, August 23, 2008

A few more details on ROTB

  • I did not expect the dresses to be in the horrendous condition that some of them were. I understand that it was a huge sale, so some of the dresses would be slightly damaged and that a lot of them would be the samples from the stores. But some of them looked like they'd been used to wash a car. Grease stains, torn to shreds in some parts and overall WORN looking.
          Before I bought my dress I made SURE to give it a thorough once over. If it's been worn, I           couldn't tell. It's in great shape. 
  • I still can't believe I chose the dress I chose. It was absolutely nothing like I'd ever thought or  clipped out in the last few weeks. Every time I tried on a dress that was the silhouette or style I had imagined, I looked frumpy. It wasn't a tough choice. My dress was my dress.
  • If you're going to go to this, don't make it a half-hearted attempt. The women I went with were stoked to do it (and if they weren't I never noticed). You need people who are spirited to do this or they will get frustrated and annoyed at the mayhem. My 'team' was SO SO patient with me. Any moment though, towards the end, I expected them to look at me and say, "Emily will you just pick a )@%(* dress already!?!" 
  • Kristin, the photographer who followed us around, was amazing and super nice. She even walked around at a few points to try and find a dress for me. I don't know who picked the dress I ended up with, although I wish I knew.
  • Early into the going, as I started trying on dresses, this man came up to me and started chatting. He was clearly from Filene's and was really nice, etc. etc. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek when he found out I was the winner of the contest. I didn't think too much of it until afterwards when Kristin said, "You know who that is, right? He's the owner of Filene's" Cool... can I get free bridesmaids dresses too? :)

2 comments:

jessica maria said...

ahhhhh just read your posts about this - WOW! so intense! amazing! so glad you found THE ONE - yayayayay! it's gorg, obvs. and i what you said jeff said - about it being the one and only time you'll have to do it - well, that's what keeps me going through all this wedding planning :)

Emily said...

Thanks Jessica! Let me know if you want to see more pics :) (I'm not in love with the one on the site). I feel like I sold you out a bit considering it's strapless! Not what I wanted AT ALL. But I couldn't help how much I loved it when I put it on :)