Friday, August 29, 2008

Obama's speech



OK, so I had to follow up that last post with something that mattered.

I missed the speech because I was at the company picnic. So I found it on Youtube and have been enjoying it.

I loved particularly when he said ...
  • Questioning McCain's decisions, voting with Bush 90% of the time: "I don't want to count on a 10 percent change!"
  • Saying it's not that McCain doesn't care, it's that he just doesn't know. Exactly.
  • I liked where he talked about "affording a college education." I think this is such an important issue that is glazed over in politics. Jeff is swimming in debt, not because he went out and bought expensive clothes, cars, etc. It's because he wanted to go to college. How is this fair or beneficial to our country? The system (of calculating your parents income to determine how much you can pay to go to college, regardless if your parents will contribute or not) is flawed. So flawed. I want change here.
  • "I want my daughters to have the exact same opportunities of your sons." 
  • He is looking forward to the debates with John McCain. So am I.
  • "All across America, something is stirring ... This election isn't about me, it's about you."
  • I like how he didn't stick to the teleprompter all the time. When you watch Bush's speeches, he doesn't leave that thing for a second. And while I'm sure Barack had prompters on all sides, his speech just seemed so much more natural.
On the other side of the spectrum, I think it's a pretty shrewd move of McCain to chose a female VP. However, I vote with my head and not my ovaries. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Jeff is swimming in debt..."

... used to be sinking.

Mr. Aromin said...

I vote with my penis but in 2004 I got crabs elected ... haha