Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gearing up

OK. So I think I have everything set for my Running of the Brides adventure. 

Done list:
  • I've just spent the last hour sorting through 5 pounds of wedding magazines to tear out dresses labeled either "Hot" or "Heinous" (I'm looking at you, Mary's Bridal). I'll pass them out to my ladies tomorrow night so they have a good idea what I'm after.
  • Confirmed to Katie, my Maid of Honor who is graciously making our t-shirts, that yes, it's spelled 'Werschaible' She told me the shirts are green, will read "Team Werschaible" on them (if she can spell it right) and will either have boxing gloves or a skull and crossbones with a veil on it. Love it.
  • Confirmed with the Chatty Brides folks my obligations (show up, sign a few forms) and talked to the photographer about what she'll be doing. Oh by the way, they're sending RI's best photog to follow me, Kristin Spencer. Check out her pics and try not to be blown away: www.kristinspencer.com/blog
  • Confirmed with my team on travel arrangements, hotels and dinner in Boston Thursday night. I am so lucky to have a group of people going through so much trouble for me.
  • Talked with my good buddy Justin (not coming) who told me I'd probably looked washed out in a stark white, so that's good to know ;)

Not done list:
  • My laundry. For the last month. Jeff and I don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment, so we bought one over the weekend, taking advantage of the tax free holiday. However, through a series of mix-ups by the store, I now have a washer/dryer unit sitting in the middle of my living room, without a cord and unable to be used. My frustration with this is catastrophic. My mother is coming and I am down to my last pairs of ... well everything. They will probably have it fixed tomorrow, which will do me no good. Oh well.
  • I have to pack up my stuff for my trip to Boston. Things needed for 'day of': A backpack filled with shorty shorts (I'll put those on once I get inside), a camera, a blanket to sit on outside, some snacks, water bottles, playing cards (to pass the time). I'm debating on whether I should bring my mini-DVD player or if we will be too amped to sit and watch a movie. I'm having Meg bring heels for me (I have none). Also, bringing a full-length mirror. My mom has fought me on this a little (she's afraid it might get broken), but from what I hear they don't have mirrors there so ... um, what are my options? I mean, I'll wrap it in a towel and put it in a garbage bag, but if someone has to get cut so I get my perfect wedding dress, so be it!
  • Katie and I have to make the signs for trading, something like "Size 10-16 needed, tank top, overlay or lace." 
That's about it I think. I'm so excited and will have a full report when I get back!

2 comments:

jessica maria said...

SO EXCITING!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

wow. you are SERIOUS.

good luck with everything, and i really hope you find your perfect free wedding dress.

keep in mind that since your dress is FREE as long as you find one around your size and with gorgeous fabric you can always spend a little money to have it tailored to your desires!!!

i am so excited for you, and i agree with justin on the white ;)