Friday, August 1, 2008

TGIF

Welcome to my Friday, now otherwise known as "Sunday." Tomorrow, Saturday, is Monday. Keeping up?

Anyway, on the last day of my weekend, I had naught to do, so I woke up late and recreated my dinner from the night before. Inspired by my date twin and diet buddy, Sabrina, I made a zucchini and mozzarella wheat bread sandwich, with some spicy mustard on my George Forman. With some whole wheat pretzels on the side, my sources tell me this is a healthy meal. 


Here it is pictured last night with a glass of wine -- which I downed to drown my sorrows about my fair Manny being traded to the worst fan base in sports. Whatever. I drank another one and watched two movies (Be Kind Rewind and Lost in Translation) with my babe. BKR was "Eh... OK" and I've seen LIT before ... with Jeff... and he gave up on it 25 minutes in because he was bored. Then ScarJo becomes a hottie, Jeff figures himself an intellectual, and suddenly we're watching it again. Whatever, still good.

Anyway, back today. After my sandwich, I loafed (ha!) for a while before heading off to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the elip and 30 on the bike, partly because I had a sense my dinner would not be health conscious. I was right.

Jeff called me to tell me his company picnic (where family was NOT invited -- lame) was ending and people were heading down to a TexMex place to get margaritas. I was off before he said "mar --" I have a weakness. 

When I got there, I saw Jeff at a picnic table surrounded by middle-aged women. And let me tell you a secret about my fiance -- the middle aged women LOVE him. I don't know what it is. For some reason he's uber-outgoing around them and they lap it up. So when I got there, everyone was raving at Jeff's job planning the picnic (Yeah, Jeff is on the Thermo-Scientific party planning committee -- he has a ribbon and everything. Yes, a ribbon. Hanging in his cubicle. I'm pretty sure this provides him no authority at all). 

Anyway, Jeff was responsible for both the music, the trivia contest and the watermelon eating contest -- which he won. He told me this gleefully on the phone, and I was prepared to hang my head in embarrassment for him but then he dropped the bomb that he won a $50 AmEx giftcards for eating 12 slices in 60 seconds. If I had known this, we would have gone into heavy training, but Jeff told me he won by nearly a double margin ... I'm so proud.

So I got to hang with his bosses, one of whom dropped that she hung out with Colin Powell for 20 minutes before and knows the president of the Miami Dolphins (I can has tickets?) then Jeff and I headed off to get some eats. Jeff wanted to hang out more and not go home because it was the last day of my weekend, but we were stumped because Central Mass isn't really a hub. So ... we went to see Dark Knight again. I don't usually do that but I don't regret it -- it was awesome again and I'm prepared to say it: I think it's one of my top 15 of all time. And Heath Ledger is really, really amazing.

You know who else is amazing?

Watermelon eating really tuckers him out. :)

No comments: