Friday, September 5, 2008

New look

Phew. The last work week was a bit stressful for me, given that it was six days long. (An anomaly of scheduling due to the fact that I needed Saturday off). I usually have off Thursdays, and when I do work Thursdays, I normally work 11-8.

So you can imagine my confusion when my co-worker Jon called me at 10:15 Thursday morning and said, "Are you OK?"

In my head I'm thinking, "Yeah, I'm sleeping. WhatcanIdoforyou?"

He informed me I was supposed to start at eight. Of course I was. 

Due to my boneheadedness, a two-editor shift as opposed to the normal three and a multitude of posts, we didn't stop working, even for a moment, from 10-3. Usually in my shifts I get a few moments to myself where I can run to the kitchen, make a sandwich, or ya know... go to the bathroom. I felt too bad yesterday to do anything until we were caught up. Stupid schedule!

Anyway, I did manage to get myself up on time today to make a trip to Rhode Island to get my haircut. I haven't had one since January, and things were getting kind of rough.

It doesn't make much sense for my to drive to Rhode Island to get my haircut, but I've been going to this guy forever (read: since I was a kid), and since his average clientele is 65+, he gets a kick out of doing my hair. 

I decided to get some highlights, too. I'm going to be taking engagement pics eventually and I'd like to be a little more blonder-er. It came out great, I thought.

Thoughts?

Anyway, after my haircut I stopped by to visit with my buddy Justin, to get a snack and talk politics, just because. Oh, and he finally de-birded my car. (Story for another time).

Now I'm home and containing my excitement for Meg's wedding tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I seriously can't wait. I bought a new dress. I mean, I never do that. Dress shopping gives me anxiety. I'm also currently taking over/under on how long I'll keep my shoes on at the reception.

Seriously though, having seen Meg in her dress more than once, I can say she will be an absolutely stunning bride and her wedding is going to be a downtown Boston blowout, the likes I probably won't ever see again. I'm going to try and keep it in check as best I can considering I have to work the next day ... aka, the start of football season. 

I'll report back with all the fun on Sunday :)

3 comments:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

oh goodness emily what kind of before pictures is THAT?!?! hahahahaha! i originally thought (before continuing to read) that that was a pic of you when you woke up by ur coworker's call and realized u had to fly into work haha

love the new 'do, very stylish.

Emily said...

Haha, that face is probably similar to the one I made when he woke me up.

Anonymous said...

cousin it.