Monday, September 22, 2008

Sleep blogging

A few notes from the last few days. 

*I have to say I'm equal parts disappointed and understanding of the lack of donations to my Cancer Walk Fund (not to discount those who did! Thanks Mom, Aunt Sue, Uncle Frank, Jeff and Steve!). I'm disappointed because I sent the email out to a lot of people and the minimum donation is just $5, which really is nothing. It says on the site if each person got 5 people to donate 5 dollars it would cure cancer or something. I didn't read it very carefully.

But before I get too self-righteous for participating in my first charity event that wasn't mandated to me by school or my mother, I'm going to back up the hypocrite bus (Hold on: Beep! Beep! Beep!) and realize I have very rarely, if ever, donated in similar situations. I am absolutely no one to judge, but I can say I've definitely learned the five-dollar rule. No lame excuses next time. (If you changed your mind and want to donate here's the link: https://secure3.convio.net/tacs/site/Donation2?idb=1452836673&df_id=1004984&1004984.donation=form1&FR_ID=11705&PROXY_ID=8108981&PROXY_TYPE=20   ... I'm more than halfway to my goal of $300).

*This is a long work week for me that got longer because I worked a combined 21 hours the first two days of it (six days total). One shift took me until 2 a.m. and the other until 3 a.m. , which as you can imagine, was exhausting. I'm understanding of the nature of the job, but I still can't wait to fast-forward 4 months and have my weekends back. It will be nice. 

Saturday was particularly long because I was down in Bristol at headquarters to edit and meet the other player who keep the machine rolling (which ironically includes this guy Connor, who I went to school with at NU ... small world!).

I got there at four (hour and a half drive, checked into hotel). I was seated in a room that would have sent my friend Katie into a coma. There were eight 42-flat screen plasmas on the top row, and three 60+-inch plasmas on the bottom, all showing football games. (Including NU-Syracuse!). Here's what it looked like:



That's about half of it. 

Anyways, bonus points for free food (fajitas) although they were sans a crucial ingredient (guacamole). I tried to control the eating but it's hard where there's free food. Two cokes didn't help. Got out of there at about 2:50 and headed back to the Clarion Hotel where I think the motto is "We guarantee your head will not turn comfortably to the side the next day or your money back!!" Fell asleep about 4 a.m. and swear housekeeping opened the door around 9, waking me up. Headed back home where Jeff was really happy to see me, which made me really happy to see him. 

Unfortunately, neither of us were happy during the Pats game. Woosh. I'm not giving up yet, and you can't blame all of that on Cassell. I'm still thinking we get to the playoffs. The bye week should give Cassell some extra studying time to learn the offense and to establish a comfort level with the receivers. My biggest fear? Randy Moss adjusting to catching 5-yard passes every down. I ... I don't think he'll like that.

* I am the kind of girl who can eat the same lunch every day, if I really love it. I am also the kind of girl who thinks obsessively about a good meal after she's had it. Saturday, I went to cafe and ordered a vegetarian sandwich, which worried me, because I have yet to find a good one. Well, it was delish. So I've been recreating it the past two days: Good, hearty, italian bread, hummus, feta cheese, tomato, roasted red pepper and cucumber. 

This all ties in to my desperate push to hit my first weight goal that has been months in the making: 10 pounds. I refuse to say I've officially lost it until the scale reads that number for a few days. Right now I waver between 8-9 pounds lost. I hope to make the final push this week. Then 20 more before the wedding. It's not been easy and I'm struggling to adjust my diet into something both healthy and satisfying. This sandwich was a first step, but I'm still facing dinner which is rife with temptations since Jeff and I share. 

When I ask Jeff what he wants for dinner his suggestions are either a fast food place or pizza. Every. Night. I wish sometimes he would be a better influence since he knows how hard I am trying to lose weight. (And I know he reads this, so I'm not trying to be cryptic). The challenge is finding healthy foods he likes, that I'm willing to cook. There aren't many. Always open to suggestions!!

1 comment:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

cook this lasagna I made! i swear it tastes sooo bad for you, yet a sizable piece is LESS THAN 300 CALS!