Monday, January 12, 2009

Cue the jingle

I know you all are dying to know the status of my weight. Well. Let's just put a little white out line over the first 12 days off 2009. It wasn't all bad, I went to the gym several times, but I fell off the diet wagon. Yesterday I ate a cheeseburger to end all cheeseburgers. I savored it, because today is the day!

We're not gonna take it! Oh, sorry bout that... I totally just drop-kicked the air there. 

So the state after the holidays looks something like this: 154 pounds.

But now it's time to get real. Seriously. I have less than 200 days. So starting today, I've made five challenges for myself, and I'll add a new one each month and get back to you with the progress. 

Starting today I'm going to .... START doing yoga for 20 minutes 5 days a week (on top of my regular workouts)
Starting today I'm going to ... STOP drinking soda
Starting today I'm going to ... STOP getting cream in my coffee (I'll switch to milk)
Starting today I'm going to ... START drinking four bottles of water a day
Starting today I'm going to ... START eating one serving of fruits and vegetables a day.

I'm already doing pretty well on this. I did the yoga this morning. I had an apple. I've had one bottle of water. 

Losing a pound a week from now on would be ideal, but I'll definitely settle for half a pound ;)

Who's with me! Don't have to be diet related. As you can see, none of these are particularly difficult goals, just stuff designed to make a small difference that will hopefully add up over time.

1 comment:

katieooooo said...

yeeee-haw!
i'm trying an apple a day
swimming on tuesdays
and the gym anytime i'm not too tired
let's do it!