Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fancy pants

It's been a busy and sleepy past few days!

We drove back from South Carolina on Monday -- we left at 8:45 a.m. and got home at 1:25 a.m. on Tuesday. Needless to say, it was a long and stressful drive. For some reason the GPS took us a different way than on the way down, somehow swinging us right by D.C. which, while a headache traffic-wise, was pretty cool for me. I've never been there, never seen the White House. I, of course, made immediate mental notes to come back as soon as possible.

We hit more traffic heading towards Baltimore, when one-lane of a two-lane highway closed because of an accident, setting us back at least an hour. And in the last hour of the drive, piercing through Connecticut, we got a full blast of snow which made visibility tough and officially fried my last nerve. Fortunately, we all got home safe. 

Since then, I haven't gone to bed before 2 it seems. (Last night, I had to pick Jeff up from the train after a night out in Boston at 2:30 a.m. -- didn't sleep until four! and I'm working until 2 tonight.)

We didn't spend too much time resting Tuesday. We headed down to Rhode Island to meet up with Jeff's best man Steve who was in town for just a few more days (he lives in Florida). We wanted to get him fitted for a tux so we headed over to my old high school haunt, Carl Anthony, to have my former bossman Danny measure him and to pick out the tuxes. 

Well of course, Jeff looked handsome.




I wasn't sure I wanted him to wear a white vest, but I think it looked nice. And Danny gave us a fabulous deal: Jeff is completely free and the groomsman have WELL under regular price tuxes. Done and done!

Unfortunately, I had to work on New Year's, but Jeff went into Boston to hang out with friends, which lead me to the realization that there's nothing more lonely than watching the ball drop with the TV on mute. Oh well.

Today we celebrated Jeff's final day off before he goes back to work by seeing Benjamin Button, which was very good, but not great. Something was missing, though I can't really put my finger on it. Did any of my faithful readers see it yet? What did you think?

And just for fun, this picture from Meg's wedding... awkward dancing. Jeff and I in a nutshell.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you guys do come back to D.C. let us know.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

ewwwwww. i hate long drives like that! but i bet you got great conversations in. is jeff's tux RENTAL free or does he get to keep it for free? that's what i didn't understand about it.. at mr. tux (now mens warehouse tux) in the mall the groom and 1 guy get free RENTALS, but don't get to keep the tux.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

AND, is that a calvin klein tux?