Monday, October 13, 2008

... and hilarity ensued

Well, it's official.

I've signed up for yoga class.

(Pause for laughter.)

Most people that know me, know that I don't have an athletic bone in my body, never mind a flexible bone (well, I suppose that's a good thing.) But I've always wanted to try yoga, and with my weight loss stifled, I'd like to kick-start the whole losing weight thing.

I saw that my gym was offering a beginners class on Thursday's at 10 a.m., which is perfect, since I don't work on Thursdays. They say "beginners" but who knows -- fortunately, I'm not one for getting embarrassed in front of people I don't know. I have no shame.

Apparently, this is the kind of yoga where they heat the room to 90 degrees and the lady at the gym told me to bring THREE towels. I'm really hoping to see a difference in my body when I'm done with the 10 week class, if I don't, I'll really have to check to see where I'm going wrong (Sips creamy iced coffee).

It starts next Thursday, aka the day after my 25th birthday, so what better time to try something new? I think by the time you're 25 you should find out if it's actually possible to touch your nose to your knees.

But something tells me if I haven't figured that out already....

1 comment:

jessica maria said...

I've heard about this heated-up yoga! Good luck! I can't bring myself to do yoga...I'm more of a kickboxing gal. I'm not very patient???? hahaha...