Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Running of the Brides video


2008 Boston Running of the Brides from Mike on Vimeo.

OK, so before you watch the above video, I need you to understand a few things.

1. That's my group in the pea green shirts and me with my hair down. I wish now I had worn my hair up as I look like Mrs. Scruffy McScruffington because I hadn't gotten my hair cut in 8 months (no, really).

2. Yes, it was that nutty in the beginning.

3. I don't know that this video was specifically supposed to follow me, but I'm mostly in it at the end. And no, I don't know what that music is about.

4. Katie insisted I put my hands on my hips at all time to aid the zippering process. So, that's why I'm doing that.

5. The guy who is hugging me in the owner of Filene's. Nice guy, but he was just kind of standing there making for awkwardness, which I'm sure you can feel in the video.

6. Slo-mo dancing. Why slo-mo dancing? Why must this be on video for posterity for the rest of my life? I can't believe how ridiculous I look. Apparently, when you ham it up for the camera, you end up looking like you've hammed it up for the camera. So, yeah, note to self. 

Enjoy at my embarrassment. Many have been already.

(video by Mike Picard)

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

LOL AT THE MUSIC! HAHAHAHA

And the Filene's dude kissing your head? Was that what I saw? WOAH! AWKWARD!

But you found your dress and it looked like so much fun! <3

Mr. Aromin said...

Dear Mrs. McScruffington,

Jeff better watch out, creepy Filene's guy wanted to partake in "Kidnapping of the Bride."

Emily said...

Yes, that was the owner of Filene's kissing my head. Yes, it was totally awkward.