Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm a good person

Title being a joke Jeff and I made a few times on Sunday (kidding of course.) It was the Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk! I was able to raise $225, which was short of my $300 goal but still good! As a team, (team being a loose term as it was just me, Jeff and one of his coworkers) Thermo Fisher Scientific raised $1360! (With a lot of donations from Jeff's coworkers.) I want to shout out to those who donated to me: Mom, Jeff, Andrew, Katie, Beverly, Steve, Uncle Frank and Aunt Carol, Aunt Sue and Uncle David and Paul K!

I wasn't sure if Team Werschaible was going to make it to the walk: the night before Jeff got a migrane headache, and was physically sick all night. Poor guy :)

But he was up bright and early (7 a.m. -- did you know there was a 7 a.m. on Sundays???!?!) Sunday morning for the drive into Boston. The walk started at the Hatch Shell where we met up with Jeff's coworker, who had already completed the walk with his wife. 

Team Thermo Fisher.


Team Werschaible.

After a quick "team pic" Jeff and I headed off to the walk. Immediately, I was struck down with an epic case of the itchy leg. Now for those who aren't familiar with this debilitating medical condition, it occurs when I'm out walking in cold weather. My legs turn bright red and they itch like it's no one's business. Now, as far as I can find out, the itchy leg had no cure. The only way to pacify it is to keep walking and hope your legs warm up, or rip your pants off in front of a crowd and violently itch your legs. I used to think I was the only one with itchy legs, but if you google it, I have found I'm not alone. This doesn't stop Jeff from making fun of me.

So because of my ailment, I decided not to walk the 5-mile course, but instead the 3-mile course (no bearing on the donations, don't worry.) Still, it was a long three miles!! It was fun though, and we got a little snack bag at the end. After a quick stop at our old stomping grounds (NU) for lunch, and a stop at Jeff's old work (the New England Soup Factory -- yumm!!!) we headed back home, driving through the Brookline/Chestnut Hill area of Boston. As soon as Jeff said, "Yeah ok, we could live here," it was on, the apartment search is on. I really want to move back to Boston before we don't have that chance again. :) (PS -- Just have to wait ummm ... seven months til our lease is up).

Back home, we chilled out until I started work and we watched the Pats together. Before the game I was sure we'd blow em out. The Cassel INT to start the game didn't really help that, but glad to see us come away with the W. Three-and-one without Brady is nothing to sneeze at.

The Sox then disrupted my sleep as I desperately tried to stay awake while the game was on. They could have rewarded my persistence with a win, but I think we'll get that victory tonight!

1 comment:

Cowesett Construction Company said...

Good for you!! I do the heartwalk every year. Its good to give back!