Monday, June 23, 2008

Pics of Ceremony/Wedding venue :)

Went down to Newport this weekend to check out the venue. It was a much nicer time than our first visit because it was SUNNY and they were setting up for another wedding so we got an idea of what it might look like in there with tables and such.

The only major worry I have right now is the amount of wind there was whipping around. It might make it hard for people to hear at the ceremony. Also I can't help but worry about sand getting in my contact and me having to leave my ceremony to wash out my eye, mascara streaming down my face. OK, now I'm really worried.



This is the carousel that sits right next to the venue. Cheesy, maybe. But I think it's a cute idea.

This is the area right next to the carousel ... aka the cocktail hour site. I think it's great because there is water on both sides. Should be a good mingling point!

This is the inside of the venue with the chairs and tables set up.


And this is it with the tables not set up. It's pretty big in there with nice hardwood floors and high ceilings. Soooo happy with the floor -- don't mean to dis anyone else, but I hate ugly reception carpet that plagues 99% of the carpeted venues. This is much nicer, no?


The look from inside the venue looking out onto the beach. 


This is the ceremony site. I took this picture the day it was rainy, so it obviously doesn't look that nice. It looks right onto the water. It's not a totally ideal place, but I think done up right, it should be pretty fantastical.


1 comment:

A. Sobol said...

Hi - The Easton's Beach Rotunda is our current first choice for our wedding ceremony and reception next Fall, and I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind saying how they were to work with (contracts, decorating or noise restrictions, etc.)? I've been looking for feedback from others who've been married there. I live near Boston so I don't know anyone personally who has, and I'm not finding too much out there on the internet. Just really hoping to get some first-hand reviews before I start slapping down deposits!! Thanks for any help!