Friday, June 13, 2008

Yes!


Amazing. What a game. I love how Boston teams have become known for comebacks in the last few years. We've set the bar so high for comebacks (Down 3-0 in the ALCS, remember? :) that you've almost become numb to it.
Not last night. What a pathetic game we were playing in the first two quarters. Somehow, I didn't feel like we were out of it. I honestly didn't think the Lakers were playing well enough for this to be a blowout. So give Doc credit -- swapped the lineup, changed the defensive and offensive scheme and boom -- the greatest comeback in Finals History is born.
Note: Can we officially stop using the phrase, "Well you talk about the Big 3, but the other Celtics came through tonight..." You can't keep saying that ... IF IT HAPPENS EVERY OTHER GAME! Yes, we are aware that many of our role players outside of our superstars are perfectly capable of coming up with a big game. But PJ Brown throwing down a dunk, James Posey nailing a off-balance three, that stuff doesn't happen WITHOUT the Big 3 drawing attention away. It didn't happen on the Celtics when there was a Big 1. So... stop saying that please.
*****
As much as I want it -- I don't think the Celtics will take Game 5. I do think the Lakers will rebound to take a close win. I do think the Celtics will get it done when they return to Boston. I only wish I was there to see it. 

1 comment:

Jeff S said...

Posted by Emily at 7:11 AM!?!? What is this, Bizzaro World?