Thursday, January 21, 2010

You can only do the best with what's given

Has it really been over two months since I've blogged about anything? I don't know who I expect to answer that rhetorical question. It's not a hard question to answer. Last I posted was Nov. 18... that was two months ago.

So the answer, Emily, is yes, it's been over two months since you've blogged. And how about them Jets?

If anything's become abundantly clear in the last two months it's that I miss writing. Very much so. Even if it's writing about nothing, which is basically what I do here.

It appears I missed the cut-off for any end of the year lists, but my bests and worsts are as follows.

BESTS: District 9, Inglorious Basterds, Precious, I Love You, Man, my wedding make-up, The Killers in concert, True Blood, Friday Night Lights, The Lost season 5 finale, Gordon Ramsay's in London, that night in NYC, that day I got married, Away We Go, that week I spent out of the country, rediscovering Led Zeppelin, Seinfeld on Curb Your Enthusiasm, my friends, Wes Welker, my rehearsal dinner, when I switched from 'toasted almond' back to 'french vanilla,' You can find me at Ted's, The Hangover, my iPhone, my success in introducing live chat software at my job, hanging out more with the people I work with in person, that one The Invention of Lying joke that made me laugh so hard I cried, becoming a little more feminist, Les Miserables in London, losing 20 pounds, Rhoos, my google reader, mimosas, paying off our credit cards, my new haircut, my Coach bag, Jeff's Christmas mix, my syndicated blog post, my first pedicure, Jeff's wedding vows, UP, Mad Men, Naveen Andrews.

WORSTS: That time I almost considered renting 'Twilight,' our flight to London, people asking me how married life is, New Year's Eve, Fenway when it's cold and raining, gaining 10 pounds back, Facebook morons, the two and a half hours of my life I've spent crying at 'UP', my free time, the fall of the Boston Globe, going for it on fourth and 2 from your own red zone, the National Guard ad they run before movies, the rental car place not having the car you reserved, Wii Fit, Pineapple Express, Righteous Kill, Step Brothers, not getting to eat at the wedding, Watchmen, blog posts that are overly 'linky.'

More good than bad. That's all one can hope for in life right?

Er, that's not the greatest mantra is it? I have high hopes for 2010.

Step 1: Write more.

4 comments:

Jeff S said...

Yay! You're back.

Does this mean, for the first time since November, you're going talk to me again?

Jeff S said...

P.S. People who have blogs and don't actually blog are lame.

You are not one of those people - blogging like a fool.

jessica maria said...

Love this post!!!!! :D Been waiting for you to write!

Mike said...

You know I live under a rock, but weren't both Pineapple express and Righteous kill 2008? Felt that way. Maybe I phase out awful faster than you though.