Friday, July 25, 2008

ONE YEAR!

It's only been two months since we got engaged ... boy that one-year mark came fast!

What we have done: Venue (Easton's Beach Rotunda, Newport), Caterer (Russell Morin's), Photographer (Agnieskza Wormus), Tuxes (Carl Anthony Tuxedo -- we know we'll go there, I worked there in HS, just don't know what style yet), Officiant (Pastor Kiesling -- Bethany Lutheran, pastor growing up), Invites (My MOH Katie-- an artist! will design)

What we're trying to get done soon: DJ (meeting with Music Mixers), Florist (meeting with Florals by Semia), Dress (Running of the Brides -- August 22!!!); Save the Dates/Engagement pics (so excited!! Must. Lose. Weight.)

What I'm already too tired to think about: Videographer (Want? Don't want?), Decor (DIY?).

I am very happy and excited, and I can't believe two months are already behind me. One year from today I'll be Mrs. S! 

The question is: Jeff, excited as me? Huh, buddy? :)

6 comments:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

yay!!!!!

1 year for us too, of course!!

i am in the middle of writing a similar post. so exciting!!!

xo!

jessica maria said...

yay :)

i'm also wondering whether i want a videographer or not? i'm gonna go wtih no in the end, probably. but...maybe i'll just ask someone to bring one? haha

Emily said...

Here's the thing...

I say to myself, "I don't see myself sitting down and watching my wedding over and over." But then I see other people's wedding videos and I get choked up (lame, I know).

Plus, Jeff and I are probably going to write our own vows, and I want to get the toasts on film. Other than that...

I was thinking of seeing if one of the guys who has videoed MAI would do it for like $400 bucks.. Andrew seems to think they would.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

fares and shawna (my bro) didn't have a videographer and I already regret it- i wish they had. We are looking for someone inexpensive who will tape the whole thing but wont' get fancy with the editing, which hopefully means we can get someone for cheap.

re: i just read all of your vendors and i JUST want to carl anthony tuxedo to check out their tuxes (like a 1 minute block away from me) but I will not use them now that Iknow that you want to!!!! I'll just use who my bro used!!! glad you made this post or I wouldn't have known!!!

p.s. re: decor diy? I saw an AWESOME pic of centerpieces that I would love if I was not having flowers.. each table had a mini candy buffet with fat pillar candles around it. It added lots of color and spunk + there were little bags at each place setting for each guest to make their own favor from the centerpiece. kind of cute.

Emily said...

Oh Sabrina... tux shops do wayyyyy more than one wedding in one day! (Believe me I know) Please go there! Tell Danny I sent you!

We just can't, you know, share the same DJ or photographer or anything...

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

oh haha! i totally thought they could only do one wedding in a day! i am silly i guess!