Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend in Review: Pats, poker and my tomato

In my probable last weekend of freedom for a while (football season is starting, meaning I'll have to work weekends), Jeff and I tried to make the most of it.

But first -- Jeff decided on Saturday he would go meet a few friends for a basketball game. Despite me PLEADING with him to eat something and bring some water, he ignored me. He's very stubborn when he's annoyed (traffic). When I came back to pick him up, he was redder than I've ever seen him. Good thing I had just bought a cold bottle of water for him (he drank it in 30 seconds) and a sandwich. But he spent the rest of the day in various stages of moaning, laying down, napping. When will he learn the universal truth: I am always right.

Sunday was much better. We decided we would check out Pats training camp in Foxboro. We went down at 8 a.m. for practice, which is open to the public and totally free (= perfect). It was fun watching the team practice, even if they weren't really hitting each other. 

Sports Nerdz.


Oh hi, Tom Brady. Remember me? (Video is still up on that -- fast forward to the 4:25 mark and you can hear my pre-teen voice squeak out a question. The most exciting and nerve-wracking few hours of my life.) 


We got a little bit lost on the way back from camp, which gave me a perfect excuse to take a detour to Tiffany. I've been wanting to check out what the matching wedding band is for my ring (i.e. how much $$ I will have to put away to get it). Well, I found it, and it's beautiful, and way over my budget, but I'm hoping I can save the cash to buy it. (I feel like people look to wedding bands as a place to save money, but I'm wearing it the rest of my life, I want it to be something I really love).

After lunch at the Cheesecake factory, Jeff and I headed home to clean for the arrival of my other two favorite guys in the world, Justin and Andrew, for poker night. It was the first time I'd played since our weekly ritual in  San Diego, and it was a good time. Justin ended up out $20 on a $5 game, he's a glutton for punishment. I ended up head's up with Andrew, who took me down when I drastically misplayed the final hand. The boys stayed over and Andrew froze us all out by turning down the AC. All in all -- good times with my favorite people.

Poker Sharks.


Sorry I had to knock you out baby.



Where, oh where did all these chips go?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your favorite three guys?? I don't see Matt Light anywhere in this photos.

Anonymous said...

I should say "these" photos.

Emily said...

Eh... that's the kind of spotty attention to editing detail I've come to expect from CBS Sports editors.

Anonymous said...

Not all of us can work for BrettFavre.com

jessica maria said...

I love playing poker!! Also, haven't seen Andrew or Justin in SOOOO long!