Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You're Oud ...

What's that you say, Tim? You say it's the season premiere of Project Runway -- Season 5 tonight? You say I should tune in... well I don't mind if I do! 

Project Runway is, for realz, my favorite TV show. Which is so strange since I have no sense of fashion. (Really, it's bad.) I was HOOKED from season 1. What other reality show celebrates kooky, out-of-the-box thinkers with flamboyant personalities as the "norm"? What other reality show will Jeff actually watch with me? (He actually just watches it to hear my Heidi Klum impression:  "Nee-na Gah-sea-ah") He doesn't want to admit he actually likes it. But I know the truth...

My top 5 favorite Project Runway contestants based solely on personality:
5. Christian (Season 4) -- OK he grew on me. Yes, the "fierce" references were over the top, but his snarky digs at the other contestants were fabulous. And, he actually was good.
4. Austin Scarlett (Season 1) -- Christian S. before there was one. "I wanted to swath her in the wind, and the water." Over. The. Top. I also loved his exit speech about how he felt different growing up, but didn't really care now. Or something like that. 
3. Santino (Season 2) -- Totally overlooked contestant. He was the only contestant that season with personality. He was supposed to be who "we loved to hate" but I just loved him. Sorry. 
2. Jay McCarroll (Season 1) -- THE snarkiest contestant in Project Runway history. And its first winner. I liked his style, and even though his win was a little bogus, I was glad for it. Too bad his career hasn't really panned out.
1. Chris (Season 4) -- Loved this guy! His laugh, his jokes. Too bad his designs were hit and miss. I still can't believe he didn't win fan favorite.

No one from season 3 on this list. Didn't really love that season. Liked Michael Knight, but was "off" him by the time the finale came around. (Especially off him when he changed his name to "Mykel") Can't believe Jeffrey won. Whatever. 

Yes, I'm supposed to be working now. Your point?

3 comments:

Jeff S said...

The show sucks. I watch to make you happy.

Emily said...

Denial!

Anonymous said...

re: McCarroll: "Too bad his career hasn't really panned out."

Who's career among them really HAS panned out?
A career in fashion takes time; not just a stint on a tv show.

Jay's got a QVC line launching and a new documentary feature (www.jaymccarrolldocumentary.com "Eleven Minutes") out. Not too shabby.