Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wedding dress I am currently loving

Thoughts?

Right now I'm in the stage of browsing thousands of dresses and styles -- well, in the interest of full disclosure, I've been in this stage for about 10 months. I feel good because my taste hasn't changed much over that period of time. The idea of picking out a dress 11 months before you wear it is so stressful. Add on to that the fear that all the dresses I love will look terrible on my body, argh.

That being said, I am super excited for the dress expedition adventure to begin on August 22 -- the Filene's Basement running of the brides!!

You either love the idea, or you hate it, but for me, the idea of getting a designer dress for $600 or less sounds fantastic. The idea of getting my bridesmaids, my mom and my moms friends into Boston at 5 a.m., dressing up in matching 'team' shirts and busting through a group of psychotic brides sounds like so much fun and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. 

The more research I've done into this event (held twice a year in Boston, this year at the Hynes Convention Center, 2,500 designer dresses marked down), the more I think it will be a blast. From what I've seen 90% of the people that go have fun, regardless of whether they find a dress or not. I hope I can find a dress, maybe the one above? If not, I'll have to choke out twice as much money to get it. Here's hoping...

5 comments:

jessica maria said...

The dress is fab! Have fun at the sale!!

Emily said...

Thanks!! I don't know if it's your thing (or if you have already gotten your dress) but I *think* they have one once a year in NY. Or you could just go to the Boston one, as it's the biggest.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

OOOOH that sounds crazy! i just bought my dress and I am so excited but kind of having second thoughts.. after all "our" wedding is still a year away!!

Emily said...

Ohhh Sabrina -- what kind of dress did you get?!?

Anonymous said...

Really, It is simple and stylish wedding dresses... I love this...